Quality Equipment are a family run agricultural engineering business which has been running for over 50 years. We supply a comprehensive range of new and innovative products and buildings specifically designed to meet the on-going needs of modern pig farmers. We have an exciting opportunity for a CAD Technician to join our expanding business based in Woolpit, Suffolk.
As a CAD Technician you will be liaising with the Construction Manager and Site Foreman and conducting site visits as required. Producing 2D or 3D drawings relevant to the construction, refurbishment or conversion of agricultural buildings together with associated fixtures and fittings.
The CAD Technician other duties include:
- Use Revit and 2D/3D CAD as appropriate to produce accurate and to scale drawings relevant to the construction, refurbishment, or conversion of agricultural buildings and associated internal penning arrangements and associated systems.
- Use 2D/3D CAD to produce detailed fabrication drawings for a range of livestock related equipment.
- Prioritising workload in consultation with the Construction Manager with regular updates to achieve tight timescales.
- Revise and update existing drawings to reflect design changes.
- Take clear instruction and provide advice and guidance on the requirements for drawings, their purpose and the design of buildings or components.
- Plan ahead and be proactive to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Maintain records and schedules as required by the Construction Manager
- Perform regular analysis of records and reports to determine areas for improvement.
- Be organised through the establishment of filing guidelines for the accurate storage of drawings and templates and to be able to identify the most up to date versions.
- Maintain regular contact with site operatives to provide information and problem solve and attend construction sites as required.
- Attend and contribute to Project meetings as required.
Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge / experience of Autodesk Inventor and/or Solid Works 3D design software.
- Knowledge / experience of Autocad and/or Draftsight 2D design Software.
- Ideally, but not essential depending on other experience – knowledge / experience of Revit BIM software.
- Good communications, numeracy and computer skills and good problem solving.
- Knowledge of construction design principles and have a creative flair.
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods.
- Ability to work as part of a team and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Competitive Salary subject to experience.
Applications should be made by submitting a full CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the knowledge, skills, and qualities for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org